Hi! We're Forerunner.
We believe that adaptation is a necessity, not a luxury, and communities deserve access to powerful software that helps them plan for the future. The challenge of climate change is complex – it implicates how municipalities plan, manage capital, and communicate to both residents and higher levels of government. Forerunner helps local communities do these things better by empowering them to access, understand, and mobilize local-level flood risk data at scale. Our software is built to be easy-to-use, so that governments preparing for our future can focus on the important stuff.
About the position:
We're looking for an experienced Senior Customer Success Manager to join our team. In this position you will be our partner community's internal advocate, helping ensure an excellent Forerunner experience, and gathering feedback on ways that Forerunner can increase our value.
- Ensure customer health. You will become a trusted advisor to our partner communities, will deeply understand their workflows and needs, and ensuring that they derive maximum value from their investment in Forerunner, leading to project success, retention, and renewal.
- Product activation. You will provide user communications, customized in-app onboarding, and continued learning to ensure that our partner communities are fully utilizing their Forerunner software.
- Account expansion. You'll support expansion of your accounts by identifying expansion opportunities and driving business outcomes in partnership with the sales & leadership team.
- Case studies and learning opportunities. You will evangelize Forerunner success stories throughout all of your accounts to help our community partners grow.
- Coordinate with the Product and Engineering teams. You’ll share the customer’s experience, ideas, and key concerns with the Product and Engineering teams to both aid the customer and move the product forward.
- Provide meaningful contributions to the development of CS policy and procedure. As an early member of our customer success team, your ideas and feedback will be crucial in setting our team up for ongoing success.
As a new addition to our team, you will help us spread the word about Forerunner and engage our customers in conversations about how software can help to transform their data and workflows. In general, you might be a good fit if you:
- Are an excellent, empathetic communicator. You'll often be the first point of contact for potential customers interested in Forerunner and building trust is crucial in our space. We'll be relying on you to make a great impression in both written and phone/video communication.
- Are detail-oriented and committed to quality. We're passionate about creating value for our customers. A successful candidate will share this enthusiasm.
- Are comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity. We're always learning, and hope you will be too. We are looking for someone who can be nimble in prioritizing work and isn't shy in taking on additional responsibility.
- Have experience with customer success in the GovTech space, floodplain management or flood insurance, GIS/mapping, or project management for government clients. Our customers—and our industry as a whole—are unique. Experience with floodplain management or working with local governments, while not a requirement, would be beneficial to your success when working with customers.
- Have 5+ years of professional experience with a track record of meeting or exceeding goals. As a small startup, we're excited about growth and expect you to be eager about contributing to it. Experience supporting SaaS software is preferred but not required.
Our team has a lot to offer.
Forerunner is an early stage company with an interdisciplinary team. We are motivated by seemingly intractable problems and work hard to support one another.
We're mission-driven. Our mission orients our business strategy and pushes us to work with a sense of urgency. We’re in the weeds -- our entire team spends time engaging with our partners in the field to better understand the real-world problems they face.
We're a small team. As a member of our growing team, you will quickly become an invaluable part of our organization and have a meaningful impact on our business and technical direction. We welcome unique perspectives and backgrounds. Your opinion matters and we hope you'll share it.
We're a remote-first organization, with offices in San Francisco, Portland ME, and NYC. Many members of our team work remotely, but we have a small offices in San Francisco, Portland ME, and NYC. We offer schedule flexibility for all of our employees and ask for accountability in return.
We want you to be happy and healthy. Forerunner offers competitive compensation, health/vision/dental coverage, and commuter benefits. We also have a quarterly wellness reimbursement so that you can have flexibility in defining what “health” means to you.
We look forward to meeting you. To apply or ask questions, shoot us a message at email@example.com!
Forerunner is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing diversity and the perspectives of individuals from all backgrounds.