Hi! We're Forerunner.
We believe that adaptation is a necessity, not a luxury, and communities deserve access to powerful software that helps them plan for the future. The challenge of climate change is complex – it implicates how municipalities plan, manage capital, and communicate to both residents and higher levels of government. Forerunner helps local communities do these things better by empowering them to access, understand, and mobilize local-level flood risk data at scale. Our software is built to be easy-to-use, so that the planners and floodplain managers preparing for our future can focus on the important stuff.
We are currently looking for a talented Executive Assistant to support our team in a full-time role. In this capacity, you will:
- Help Forerunner’s CEO and COO manage their calendars, prioritize tasks, coordinate travel, and stay on top of projects. We’ll rely on you to stay abreast of company needs and assist us in prioritizing our day-to-day work.
- Support the facilitation of ongoing conversations with clear written and verbal communication. You should expect to spend time engaging with both internal and external stakeholder on a wide range of topics.
- Help the executive team track and drive the completion of key deliverables in partnership with direct reports and other team members. We’re a fast-paced start-up, making sure that we’re regularly achieving our goals is key Forerunner’s success.
- Compile data, reports, and materials for use in meetings and presentations. We’ll rely on you to make sure that we’re prepared for internal & external conversations, investor meetings, and events.
- Conduct research for special projects. As the company grows, we’ll ask you to research topics that will drive our decision-making.
- Maintain documentation and ensure up-to-date record-keeping while safeguarding confidential and proprietary information. Great data management is important to us – you’ll be integral in ensuring that information is kept organized and complete.
In general, you might be a great fit for the Executive Assistant role at Forerunner if you are:
- Are highly organized and have a keen eye for detail.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Are comfortable with with ambiguity and eager to learn.
- Are a great multitasker with the ability to reprioritize tasks throughout your work as needed.
- Have a track record of collaborating closely on project management with dynamic teams.
- Approach your with with a problem-solving lens and seek ways to optimize processes.
- Have 2-4 years of professional experience, bonus points if you’ve worked at a start-up.
Our team has a lot to offer.
Forerunner is a Series A stage company with an interdisciplinary team. We are motivated by seemingly intractable problems and work hard to support one another.
We're mission-driven. Our mission orients our business strategy and pushes us to work with a sense of urgency. We’re in the weeds -- our entire team spends time engaging with our partners in the field to better understand the real-world problems they face.
We're a small team. As a member of our growing team, you will quickly become an invaluable part of our organization and have a meaningful impact on our business and technical direction. We welcome unique perspectives and backgrounds. Your opinion matters and we hope you'll share it.
We're a remote-first organization, with offices in San Francisco, Portland ME, and NYC. Many members of our team work remotely, but we have a small offices in San Francisco, Portland ME, and NYC. We offer schedule flexibility for all of our employees and ask for accountability in return.
We want you to be happy and healthy. Forerunner offers competitive compensation, health/vision/dental coverage, and commuter benefits. We also have a quarterly wellness reimbursement so that you can have flexibility in defining what “health” means to you.
We look forward to meeting you. To apply or ask questions, shoot us a message at email@example.com!
Forerunner is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing diversity and the perspectives of individuals from all backgrounds.